Friday, June 25, 2010

A Texas Crik and a Colorado Creek: There's a creek in Cañon City

ALL PHOTOS ON THIS BLOG POST ARE HOME GROWN.


Not everything in Texas is bigger. In Texas we're used to trickly criks big enough to dip our feet in on a summer day in July. To compenstate though we've got rivers that flood on a usual basis. In Colorado we can build closer to our rivers because they don't flood on a grand scale. Cañon City has a large creek that has been negotiated throughout the city. It runs through neighborhoods, in front of houses, in back of houses and under roads. In the summer time I can take a walk beside one only blocks from my house. These are pics of a lovely arbor built over one of the creek bridges. Honeysuckle has grown over and just looks dreamy. Enjoy.





Come on by and hide away from the sun for awhile in this shady slice of small town paradise.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, these are great pics. I especially like the last one with the benches on each side. Have you taken me there before? If not, I want to go there next time I come to Colorado. I hope you are going to blog soon. I can't wait to see what you think of Paris. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete