Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's all I have to bring today


It's all I have to bring today –
This, and my heart beside –
This, and my heart, and all the fields –
And all the meadows wide –
Be sure you count – should I forget
Some one the sum could tell –
This, and my heart, and all the Bees
Which in the Clover dwell
.
Emily Dickinson


This Texas girl has learned how to pack light. At least I'm halfway through the ordeal. I wanted you to see all the toiletries I'm taking. I was pretty proud of myself. Steves says limit yourself to 20lbs and I wonder if I can do it. I don't really need to because I have a home base, but it'll be fun to try.


Staying for longer than a week? Have really long hair and a three ounce bottle of shampoo means two washes? Buy local. Use toiletry needs as an opportunity for heading to a local pharmacy. Remember if you think you can't do without a particular American item ask yourself how do millions of Europeons survive without it?

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the packing! It is so annoying to be stuck lugging around way more than you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted about what you packed. Packing efficiently is so much fun and I always love learning from others about it.

    ReplyDelete