Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The good morrow.

Holly, you would understand this need to revisit literature on my trip. These words I read are the works of a time when Dreaming 101 was on everybodies semester schedule. I love to look back and see the notes in the margin of my anthology book. I love to read lines dear to me.

I'm ready for today, Lord in all it's wonders. Help me to praise you as I go along. I'm ready to soak up all that I am offered. Let it be.

I wonder, by my troth, what thou and I
did till we loved? Were we not weaned til then?

And now good morrow to our waking souls, which watch not one another out of fear: For love all love of other sights controls, and makes one little moon an everywhere. Let sea-discoverers to new worlds have gone,
Let maps to others, worlds on worlds have shown,
Let us possess one world, each hath one, and is one.

My face in thine eye, thine in mine appears.

Where can we find two better hemispheres,
without sharp North, without declining West?

The Good-Morrow by John Donne, 1572-1631

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! What are you soaking up today? Where are you? Itinerary?
    Much love and excitement for your adventures, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it before and I'll say it again: I have loved the pastoral poets since my freshman year of high school!!! I hope you had an amazing time being in their proximity. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete