Friday, July 16, 2010

Open air markets of Paris


I didn't buy anything here, but doesn't this scene look French? Yes!



I spent too much time at this vendor. Everything was amazing. You can see the sweeted fried fruit that could replace any desire for candy, ever.



I think I am an official "foodie", in other words when normal people are just eating, I am eating, tasting, looking, feeling texture, and analyzing the layers of the food. I think watching Foodnetwork has made me one. Naturally when we sought out a French market, the vendors with fresh tapanade and olives, and dried fruits made me smile. This vendor romanced both Heidi and I by letting us try anything we wanted. Everything was fresh and tasty. It was fun to walk from table to table looking for useful things. Linens, purses, kitchen tools.

This was one of the things on my wish list for Paris. I still drool over the sugared dried strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment