Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Gelato



Gelato really is different and I've made it my goal to try a new flavor everyday before I leave for the states.
Gelato has a different texture than ice cream or sherbet. I shouldn't say it's richer; some flavors can be, but mostly the texture is somewhere between creamy and icey. That's the best I can do. Maybe it has to do with asking for it in German at the market that adds to the flavor as well. Please vote for my gelato question on my blog and check out all the flavors I've tried. I'm on the look out for watermelon. My favorite so far is mango. Need to try chocolate.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE GELATO! Have you tried the yogurt flavor yet? That was my fave in Italy. I would try a lick of John Ryan's, or my mom and dad's gelato or try other flavors but I just kept coming back for more Yogurt flavor. I even chose it over chocolate flavors....WEIRD!!!
    I had gelato at least once a day when I was in Italy. I couldn't get enough of it. I have yet to find a gelato place in the states that serves the yogurt flavor. Although, when we were in India there was a place that had it and it was delicious.
    There was this place in Milan that had so many odd flavors of gelato (Avocado, ones with strange spices, etc) and the lady that worked there let me sample all the strange flavors. I ended up loving all of them.

    ReplyDelete