Friday, July 16, 2010

Jazz in Paris



Paris is known for its' jazz clubs, so I positively had to experience one. John once said he'd much rather sit through a jazz concert than a rock concert and I agree! Really good jazz can take your mind to all sorts of places; it can take you up as well as down. We'd looked for Jazz and found this spot recommended and we jumped in with both feet, not really knowing what we'd be getting into. It turned out to be fun. When we saw an older married couple going in, we felt a little better. This was not going to be too crazy. The seating was intimate and I chose the front row. A grandmother, mother and daughter were there. The daughter was maybe six. Thankfully we'd found a family friendly place and thanks to new laws there was no hazy smoke floating around, Mom you wouldn've been safe.

The band was great. The couple behind us had come specifically to hear them. The night featured all Peggy Lee songs. When I heard this, I knew they were going to play Fever. The drums began to beat, the singer began to sway and I snapped my fingers along to the music. Paris, Peggy Lee and Fever. Great combination. Everyone had a good time.

Thanks for finding the place, Heidi.


No comments:

Post a Comment