Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wafoozele at Walgreens Ends Well

Walgreens1.jpg
My local Canon City Walgreens-- place where it all went down. Very down.




I don't know exactly what wafoozle means but it sounds very tragic and intense. Why can't I be like William Shakespeare and invent words to depict the moods I'm experiencing?

$25 worth of items for $8!

For 2 consecutive weeks now I've been going to Walgreens on Saturday night to  try extreme couponing. The first time I went in with my list, my coupons and my plans only to find completely different ads and sale signs. I was told that any thing I find online does will not match the store. I traveled back three times back and forth from my research online to the store. I knew something was not right. The online weekly ad said the date and the address it represented. I contacted Walgreens corporate to let them know of the discrepency. They repeatedly gave me the pat-on-the head answer and told me to try again.

I decided to try again. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I went to the store tonight only to find the sale signs and ads not matching my research AGAIN!! I looked at the date. I really looked at the date. I pulled out my phone to read the correct date. Two things became very clear to me. First: the store had put out the new ad one day early. Second: The date on the ad read Mar. 6, Sat. (incorrect) all the more confusing. The correct date of course is March 5, 2011. I went to the manager, Mr. Taylor. He is the same one I parleyed with last time over sale signs. It was now apparent to me why I was so confused. The store was taking down the signs one day early and TELLING ME it must be my mistake.

It doesn't end there. When I checked out my plan was to do two transactions so that I could spend my Register Rewards on the next purchase. I learned that in order to get RR for each product they must be purchased separately. UGH!! I had no idea as this was my first attempt to purchase at Walgreens. I did not get the rewards however because I bought the wrong razors. The manager, wanting to get rid of my by this time, handed me the two razors I wanted to purchase PLUS the RR dollars for them. I was exhausted and very flustered and feeling extremely stupid. It turns out so much of by brain was going to thinking about these things that I left the razors he had given me for free.

I did call to ask if they could look for them but didn't have the heart to walk back into the store that night. Mr. Taylor and I managed to have a positive conversation. We have to get along because I'll be back to coupon deal again.

So folks here's what I walked away with tonight:

2 Gilette Fusion Razors
2 Crest +Scope Toothpaste
$9 Register Rewards
Total Price= $16.58.

So it's like I spent $7.58. If only I had grabbed those other two razors!

No comments:

Post a Comment