Thursday, March 26, 2009

Face lift: the hardwood floors in the open dining and living



It'll be a few more weeks before I can do anything about it, but I just had to see what was under the carpet. All sorts of questions where running through my mind. Did the floors have a plywood patch? Was there any water damage? Would I see through the floor? In what condition would they be? I just had to know. I have to say it felt very invigorating ripping up the carpet. I think I'll have some friends over to finish the rest and call it a carpet ripping party.



You can see that the wood around the edges is in much better condition than that of high traffic areas. Cathy, my roommate seams to think the area in the dining room around the eating area should be the worst. I hope she's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment